Tonight I’m heading to Smartypants Trivia Night, an event benefitting our local United Way. In honor of that, here’s some agriculture trivia courtesy of the “Ag Mag Trivia” flip books from Illinois Ag in the Classroom.
Take the quiz. No electronic help allowed; that’s one of the rules at trivia night. Answers are listed at the bottom of the post. Don’t peek!
1) If you eat three ounces of beef, you get the same amount of zinc as if you eat ________ servings of tuna.
2) This device can be used inside a greenhouse to increase the amount of carbon dioxide so plants grow faster.
3) Who invented the reaper in 1831?
4) Originally, mozzarella was made from the milk of what animal?
5) Biofuels are made from two basic sources, either _________ or __________.
6) What color is the grain group on My Plate?
7) What types of wheat are grown in Illinois?
8) How many tons of grain and hay do horses consume each year in Illinois?
9) Which of the following is a hog by-product? Gum, Buttons, or Glue
10) Which livestock industry uses the most Illinois soybean meal?
- carbon dioxide burner
- Cyrus McCormick
- water buffalo
- sugars, oils
- soft red winter wheat
- all of them
Read more 30 Day blogs starting with My Generation. And follow more of my 30 Days of the Not So Glamorous Life of this Farm Wife:
- Day 1: Hunger Games. Hungry Planet.
- Day 2: Chili, Children, & Checkers
- Day 3: My Very Fairy Farm Princess
- Day 4: Sunday School Lesson
- Day 5: Wackie Day. Wackie Cake.
- Day 6: Tricked Out Tractor
- Day 7: God Bless Teachers
- Day 8: Just Breathe
- Day 9: Meet My Farm Boy
- Day 10: Date Night
- Day 11: America the Beautiful
- Day 12: What Farm Wives Discuss When Farmers Aren’t Around
- Day 13: Working Calves
- Day 14: Leavin’ On A Jet Plane
- Day 15: A Face in the Crowd
- Day 16: Home Again & Harvest Dinner
- Day 17: Spring Cleaning
- Day 18: 4-H Superheroes
- Day 19: I’m Nuts About. . .
- Day 20: Prepping for Turkey Day
- Day 21: Backhoe Bonanza
- Day 22: I’m Thankful for . . .
- Day 23: So Long Turkey
- Day 24: To Farm or Not to Farm
- Day 25: Christmas Walk
- Day 26: Common Country Courtesy
- Day 27: Where the Farmers Meet
- Day 28: The Biotech Bandwagon