With each Flat Aggie report, I’ll be putting together a list additional resources, websites, recipes, books, and activities. Use this and farmer math from A Kansas Farm Mom to bring Flat Aggie’s Agmazing Adventures to life!
Classroom Activities & Resources
From North Dakota Ag in the Classroom: Wheat Ag Mag
From Oklahoma Ag in the Classroom: All About Wheat
From Texas Farm Bureau’s Be Ag Smart
• Wheat: The Staff of Life, Part 1 – basics of wheat production
• Wheat: The Staff of Life, Part 2 – make a book activity. Pages are shaped like a slice of bread. Tells story of wheat to bread.
• Wheat: The Staff of Life, Part 3 – conclusion of bread book and bread in a bag activity
From Kansas Ag in the Classroom: Fun Facts About Wheat
From Clickschooling: Lessons About Wheat
Science of Bread: The Great Balls of Gluten Activity
- Farmer George Plants a Nation by Peggy Thomas (ISBN-13: 978-1590784600)
- Bread Comes to Life by George Levenson (ISBN 1-58246-114-7)
- Bread Bread Bread by Ann Morris (ISBN-13: 978-0-688-12275-1)
- From Wheat to Pasta by Robert Egan (ISBN 0-516-26069-3)