With each Flat Aggie report, I’ll be putting together a list additional resources, websites, recipes, books, and activities. Use this with Flat Aggie’s report Anderson’s Pig Farm and Ewoldt’s Pig Farm. Pig Farmer Math brings these Agmazing Adventures to life!
Classroom Activities & Resources
- From Illinois Ag in the Classroom: Pork Ag Mag (smart board version)
- From Pork: Be Inspired: classroom activities, recipes
- From Wisconsin Ag in the Classroom: Pork Fast Facts & worksheets
- From Oklahoma Ag in the Classroom: Swine Facts
- Farm Animals: Pigs by Rachel Bell
- Smart, Clean Pigs by Allan Fowler
- A Hog Ate My Homework by Gary Metivier
- Complimentary lesson guide under Specialty Books
- Pigs: Amazing Pictures and Facts About Pigs by Breanne Sartori
- If You Give A Pig A Pancake by Laura Numeroff and Felicia Bond
Activity: Pig Lantern, From Rock Island, IL Ag in the Classroom
- Miniature Paper Lanterns – various colors (can find at Oriental Trading Co.)
- Paper cutouts (see picture below)
- Google eyes
- Corresponding colored cardstock or construction paper
- Glue (dots or stick)
- Get 1 pink paper lantern.
- Get 2 pig ears and 1 pig nose.
- Using glue dots put the pig ears and nose on the lantern.
- Get 2 eyes and place them on the lantern.
- Get a pig tail and glue it to the back of the lantern.
- Cut notches into the ears (this is how farmers identify each pig and it feels like the pig is getting its ear pierced).