With each Flat Aggie report, I’ll be putting together a list additional resources, websites, recipes, books, and activities. Use this and farmer math from A Kansas Farm Mom to bring Flat Aggie’s Agmazing Adventures to life!
Classroom Activities & Resources
- From ScienceNetLinks: Farming 1: Farm Machines lesson plan
- Craft: Make a tractor from the letter ‘t’
- Horsepower: The Wonder of Draft Horses by Cris Peterson
- Grandpa’s Tractor by Michael Garland
- Fantastic Farm Machines by Cris Peterson
- Farm Safety Just For Kids
- My American Farm, free app from American Farm Bureau Foundation
- John Deere Historic Site & Information
- Kids’ Farm
- Ask a local farmer to bring a newer tractor to school and talk about the technology used on farms today.
- Invite a local tractor/implement dealer in to talk with your students about tractors then and now.