With each Flat Aggie report, I’ll be putting together a list additional resources, websites, recipes, books, and activities. Use this with Flat Aggie’s visit to the thumb of Michigan and A Little House on the Farm as the family harvest dry edible beans.
Classroom Activities & Resources
- From Illinois Ag in the Classroom: The Bean Book. A printable about the inside of a bean. Click on link and scroll down to Soybeans and click on Bean Book.
- From Buggy & Buddy: Seed Dissection
- From North Dakota Ag in the Classroom: Ag Mag about Dry Edible Beans. Click on link, then click on Pulse Crops & Dry Edible Beans in the left hand column.
- From National Ag in the Classroom: The Bean Seed Cycle
- From Fun at Home with Kids: How to color beans for play and art
- Jack in the Beanstalk
- Oh Say Can you Seed (Dr. Seuss)
- Seed, Soil, Sun by Cris Peterson w/ additional lessons