And just like that Thanksgiving is gone, and we wake to a world ready for Christmas; although the retail world seemed ready before Halloween arrived. In our house though, we are now ready for Christmas.
And we’d better be. We celebrate our first family Christmas tonight and another tomorrow, leaving four to crowd in Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Every year My Farmer points out that we are blessed to live so close to so many family members that warrant six Christmas celebrations, and blessed that these celebrations aren’t crammed into two days.
The kids and I started today with a final sweep of the house, putting away the remains of Thanksgiving. Then we moved into Christmas overdrive. Serenaded by Michael Jackson (Natalie was in charge of the music), we knocked out two cheesecakes (raspberry and peanut butter cup), a cherry jello salad and wrapped twelve gifts.
Ethan braved the winter winds (the thermometer hasn’t crept above 28 today!) and gathered most of our outside fall décor, tossing corn stalks, pumpkins and gourds on the burn pile.
Tomorrow we’ll probably break out the Christmas totes in search of the advent wreath and some holiday music. Searching for the perfect tree will be next on the list.
So, see ya next year Mr. Turkey, bring on the reindeer. Merry Christmas everyone!
Read more 30 Day blogs starting with My Generation. And follow more of my 30 Days of the Not So Glamorous Life of this Farm Wife:
- Day 1: Hunger Games. Hungry Planet.
- Day 2: Chili, Children, & Checkers
- Day 3: My Very Fairy Farm Princess
- Day 4: Sunday School Lesson
- Day 5: Wackie Day. Wackie Cake.
- Day 6: Tricked Out Tractor
- Day 7: God Bless Teachers
- Day 8: Just Breathe
- Day 9: Meet My Farm Boy
- Day 10: Date Night
- Day 11: America the Beautiful
- Day 12: What Farm Wives Discuss When Farmers Aren’t Around
- Day 13: Working Calves
- Day 14: Leavin’ On A Jet Plane
- Day 15: A Face in the Crowd
- Day 16: Home Again & Harvest Dinner
- Day 17: Spring Cleaning
- Day 18: 4-H Superheroes
- Day 19: I’m Nuts About. . .
- Day 20: Prepping for Turkey Day
- Day 21: Backhoe Bonanza
- Day 22: I’m Thankful for . . .